UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Collections & Accounts Receivable, the Collections Account Representative is responsible for portfolio management and collection of high volume accounts through application of UFA’s credit and collection policy. The Collections Account Representative will deliver excellent customer service to internal and external customers for implementation, strategies and solutions. Duties will include reviewing accounts for delinquency and determining appropriate collection action, risk analysis, dispute resolution, negotiation, maintaining payment arrangements, skip tracing and closure of delinquent accounts. The focus will be to support the sales objectives while minimizing losses through positive customer relations.
- Accountable for the effective collection and account management of assigned accounts; ensure processes are applied consistently. Ensure that all collection calls are professional, non-threatening and respectful to the customer.
- Achieve team and individual KPI measurements, including collection rate, workflow, delinquency and bad debt as defined by management.
- Support the sales objectives while safeguarding the company from undue risks.
- Coordinate with internal UFA team members and external customers to provide prompt and courteous service.
- Maintain accounts within assigned lines of credit and take appropriate action where necessary by liaising with credit to determine appropriate credit limits.
- Accountable to maintain minimal bad debt losses and accounts receivable aging.
- A minimum of 3 years related collection experience with a business degree/diploma.
- Strong analytical skills; understanding billing and collections functions and credit worthiness of customers.
- Strong telephone, customer service and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to details and strong negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience in an ERP environment (preferably SAP).
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job HR18-082 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-082, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.