UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Area Manager – Retail Operations North, the Assistant Area Manager oversees an assigned territory composed of several UFA farm and ranch retail stores in the northern Alberta. The successful candidate will be based out of Grande Prairie and be able lead and execute strategies to successfully meet or exceed the store and territory’s financial and P&L objectives, lead operational excellence, exceed safety standards and delivering outstanding customer service to customers and members in assigned stores.
- 8+ years of operational experience in a customer service environment.
- 5+ years management experience with proven leadership skills which include successfully leading high performance teams.
- Post-secondary education an asset, preferably in agriculture or business.Agriculture or AgriBusiness background, interest, and aptitude an asset.
- Track record of using accountability and performance metrics to drive the right behaviour and business outcomes.
- Experience in inventory management practices –loss prevention and replenishment.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite and SAP.
- Travel is required.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-090, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.