UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Manager, Petroleum Support Service, the Business Representative – Co-op Student provides the full complement of administrative data services and personnel backup in a variety of roles in the Petroleum Division to ensure efficient operations. You will support Petroleum Division team members through a variety of tasks related to Pricing, Inventory, Cardlock, Procurement and Operations.
- Proactively identify areas of administrative improvement and champion process development. to support increased operational efficiency.
- Perform various daily and weekly fuel reporting.
- Pro-actively deal with non-routine service concerns and requests in confidential matters.
- Carry out administrative duties in all areas as directed such as Pricing, Inventory, Cardlock, product, customer master data and procurement.
- Gathering data and data input into UFA systems.
- Answer customer call line, trouble shoot and direct as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of reports.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Energy Management, Operational Management or General Business is preferred.
- Available to begin an 8 month Co-op work term starting September 4, 2018.
- Professional administrative experience would be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Judgment and decision-making ability.
- Self-starter who can show initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Can adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- Professional and personable attitude.
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR18-088 in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.