UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the VP, Commercial Agribusiness, the Director, Sales & Service is responsible for for the development and management of UFA’s outbound sales and service team. The Commercial Sales team is responsible for driving topline sales for the co-operative and the Director, Sales and Service is accountable for the overall achievement of the set business objectives in Agribusiness Commercial, including Sales Growth Target and Gross Margin Target for the Sales Areas. The Director, Sales & Service will play a key role in ensuring UFA’s market competitiveness across the crop, livestock and buildings categories of Commercial Agribusiness.
- Achieve the financial targets set out in the annual budget for Commercial Agribusiness.
- Manage commercial sales teams responsible for the execution and promotion of the AgriBusiness sales and marketing strategies.
- Support the implementation of product line strategies through executing and collaborating with Product Strategy team.
- Collaborate with other UFA departments to ensure the optimum execution of the Commercial Agribusiness Annual Plan.
- Promote a spirit of continuous improvement as it relates to customer service, product assortment, go-to-market strategies, and performance management.
- Interact with key vendors to enable UFA to successfully execute in-market sales and promotional program.
- Post-secondary degree or higher education in a related business field required.
- Strong knowledge of agriculture is critical.
- More than 10 years demonstrably proven experience selling products, services and solutions to agricultural producers in Western Canada.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams consisting of managers and non-managers.
- Demonstrated aptitude and capability for growing revenues and market share in the agricultural industry.
- Proven sales management and relationship building skills.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job #HR18-093 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-093, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.