UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Manager, Data and Business Intelligence, the Data Administration Summer Student provides master data management support to the Data & Business intelligence team. The role involves day-to-day and project work and will help the student develop skills and add value in a range of data management processes and projects.
- Create and maintain master data records within all relevant systems (ex: CE, SAP, Dynamics 365, etc.) ensuring data flow between all relevant systems.
- Monitor data controls at all relevant levels (i.e. business unit, department, process, and transactional) to ensure the integrity of master data.
- Investigate and perform root cause analysis for issues that exceed the knowledge and ability of other users to diagnose.
- ‘Gate-keep’ master data, validating correctness of new requests while initiating action plans to correct and maintain current data.
- Uphold data integrity by ensuring compliance with policies, standards, processes, guidelines and procedures thus guaranteeing consistency and accuracy.
- Assist in data preparation and clean-up related to system implementation activities.
- Pursuing a post-secondary degree in Business/Commerce or Information Technology with a focus on data management.
- Previous experience with databases is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Information gathering and information evaluation skills.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- Self-starter who shows initiative.
- Professional and personable attitude.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR18-087 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-087, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.