UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
The Inventory Management Clerk is responsible for the Stewardship of inventory within the UFA location. The Inventory Management Clerk reports to the Inventory Control Supervisor and is responsible for timely completion of any and all inventory related tasks in the UFA Farm and Ranch stores, ensuring processes are executed with integrity and consistency reporting any inaccuracies and issues upward to Finance. The successful candidate will execute investigation through to resolution of variances identified.
- Responsible for completing Cycle Counts accurately and timely throughout the year.
- Responsible for carrying out investigation on all inventory variances, including Negative on Hand daily.
- Execute all site inventory related movements to the appropriate GL or reason code.
- Review and report on Shrink generated through the site.
- Educate colleagues by reporting details around inventory inaccuracies to hold all site staff accountable.
- Responsible for executing/auditing the Zero on Shelf report to determine source of zero stock.
- Capable of identifying the stock requirements in the Farm Store and working with the Replenishment team to ensure optimum in-stock levels.
- Review and follow up with aging in transit issues (unreceived/unshipped articles).
- Follow up on Distribution Center discrepancies.
- Take a strong role in the four week preparation for the yearly Wall to Wall Inventory.
- Take the lead on performing site recounts following yearly Wall to Wall Inventory.
- Assist Store Manager with monitoring expiry dates in feed and medicated products.
- Assist site Staff with merchandising and stocking of product, and ensure proper labeling protocols are being followed.
- Handle ad hoc requests from the corporate office, such as larger write-offs or redeployment items.
- Grade 12 diploma with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Strong investigative skills with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated – able to work with limited supervision as well as part of a team.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize initiatives.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common goal.
- Agricultural background and/or knowledge of UFA Inventory is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or SAP would be an asset.
- Previous Inventory Management/Merchandising experience would be preferred.
- Capable of light labour.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR18-108 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-108, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.