UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Agency Manager, the Site Supervisor, Petroleum is responsible for all functions related to Agency operations. This includes: ensure company objectives are reached, company policies are followed, increase market share and return on assets managed (R.O.A.M.). Perform management functions in manager’s absence.
- Aid Agency Manager on people management matters, including: recruiting new staff, developing all employees, and create staff schedules to ensure maximum productivity is achieved.
- Perform daily store operations under the guide of Agency Manager, such as: maintain clean, tidy, business-like facility; administer perpetual inventory taking to insure proper results are achieved (accuracy, procedure, control); ensure daily cash summaries and deposits are completed correctly and in a timely manner (deposits made daily, cash summaries and invoices forwarded to CSO each mail day); ensure that daily bank deposits are made in accordance with the established procedures in the agent’s operation manual and as outlined in the AOE program.
- Actively involve with all areas of the operation including back office systems that will permit the manager to be fully conversant with what is happening in each area at all times. Respond in a timely and accurate manner to CSO’s requests.
- Support all initiatives regarding competitive pricing, products and promotions. Continually strive to increase market share by customer contact through sales calls, farm calls and telephone contact.
- Follow all Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSEMS) policies and procedures as well as applicable, ensure observe OH & S legislation and COR.
- Provide input to yearly budget process and ensure that expenses are controlled to meet budget by regularly analyzing operating statements.
- Enforce adequate security measures (maintenance of alarm systems, staff involvement and administer control related to invoicing and cash control).
- Control inventory in accordance with guidelines as set out by the manager.
- College Diploma or Degree with 5+ years of related experience, including 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role. Preferably some post-secondary education.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Effective supervisory and leadership skills.
- Agricultural or petroleum background.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR18-153 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-153, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.