UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
UFA is seeking a Pharmacist to help establish a pharmacy in Red Deer, specializing in animal health products. The pharmacy will provide dispensing services for UFA’s livestock customers. This is a unique opportunity to help build a specialized pharmacy business that will provide another option for livestock producers when getting their veterinarian prescriptions filled.
Reporting to the Director, Product Strategy, the Pharmacist is a licensed pharmacist who will be responsible for building and operating a pharmacy business catering to livestock producers out of the UFA Farm and Ranch stores. The Pharmacist is responsible for providing medication management services, including treatment recommendations, drug information, and providing dispensing services of prescription livestock medications for food animal producers, as well as responsibilities for OTC livestock sales.
- Work with UFA clients and internal partners to establish UFA medical dispensing services to livestock producers.
- Provide direct medication-related care and catering service to livestock producers following delegation protocols approved by federal and provincial medication regulatory authorities.
- Ensure that prescribing, dispensing, selling medication and other controlled acts are performed in compliance with associated federal and provincial legislations. Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentations as required by the College of Pharmacists. Comply with relevant legislation regarding recordkeeping, inventory management, and professional registration and credentialing.
- Provide professional advice and applicable dialogue with livestock producers on prescription and OTC products. Perform therapeutic and catering drug monitoring; respond to requests for drug and therapeutic information from clients. Ensure timely and accurate dispensing of prescriptions.
- Remain current of relevant legislation and anticipate effects of proposed legislation.
- Oversee maintenance of pharmacy software and equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited university.
- Valid Provincial Pharmacy license. Strong knowledge of principals related to pharmaceutical preparation and practices (formulas, rules, working processes of medicine preparation); be able to apply this understanding appropriately to ensure the secure, effective and proper use of medication.
- Knowledge of food animal production is a strong asset.
- Must be extremely detail oriented. 3 - 5 years of experience working as a pharmacist is preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Be able to travel to visit client locations.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR18-134 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-134, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.