UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
The Training Advisor is an intermediate role responsible for developing training programs, resources and tools that support the sale and service of agricultural products to our customers and members across the retail network. This position will work closely with the retail business to identify training needs and develop e-courses, reference materials and coordinate and/or lead field based training. The Training Advisor will leverage UFA’s learning management system (LMS) and practices to design, develop and deliver training across the UFA network.
- Build effective relationships with business unit leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs), to identify and prioritize the development of learning resources to meet business needs.
- Perform end-to-end (needs analysis, design, development, and delivery) e-learning resource development and instructor lead training in order to deliver integrated, comprehensive solutions that transfer agricultural product knowledge that supports overall sales and service.
- Coordinate vendor training and/or lead in house training workshops in the field to support and develop product knowledge and support the overall development of employees.
- Manage the day to day operations of the LMS including: creating and maintaining student curriculums, reporting, and general administration and responding to employee inquiries.
- Create, maintain and update process documentation for the systems for reference and training purposes.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Post-secondary education in Adult Education, Psychology, Human Resources or other relevant area.
- Agricultural experience and knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Solid knowledge of adult learning theory and application, e-learning design, development and delivery.
- Familiarity with e-learning authoring tools and Learning Management Systems.
- Proven ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize information to provide fit for purpose recommendations in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to lead and inspire learners through all communication channels.
- A valid driver’s license is required as the role will travel 20-30%.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR18-168 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-168, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.