UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Manager, Commercial Operations the Fertilizer Facility Coordinator will have responsibilities to make sure that plant operations run safely, smoothly and efficiently, while providing a high quality customer service at the fertilizer plant locations. The Fertilizer Facilities Coordinator will work closely with the management at the Farm and Ranch Store locations to coordinate seasonal staffing as required or hire as needed.
- Responsible for the coordination of all day to day operations of the fertilizer facilities including receiving, blending and shipping of fertilizer, while working closely with the Farm Store Management to coordinate seasonal staff requirements.
- Lead to promote the sales of other UFA products through the leads generation process, responsible for the efficient execution and delivery of product to support budgeted sales of 15 -25 million dollars.
- Provide leadership to location team on all aspects of facility operational discipline, customer service, environmental and safety.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate recording and communication of all nutrient inventories, these activities include shipping, receiving, booking, and forecasting.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely communication on location operations and business changes to the Strategy Manager and Sales Manager so to make good business decisions, including customer needs, market trends, market pricing, and competitor activities. Act as a positive role model and communication for the business with customers and the sales organization.
- Responsible to coordinate the maintenance schedules and activities for the Facilities and Equipment and the coordination and execution of fertilizer related services. (soil sampling, rentals, etc.).
- Degree or diploma with minimum 5 years’ experience in crop inputs operations, logistics and inventory management is required. Knowledge of fertilizer is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team work skills. Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is an asset.
- Supervisory skills and experience with safety and loss control policies are also better to have assets.
- Be able to create positive local relationships with service providers, trucking, agronomic and custom application services.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR18-137 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-137, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.