UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Manager, Field Merchandising, the Retail Field Coordinator assists the Managers of Field Operations and Field Merchandising by executing day to day projects as assigned, both by travelling to locations throughout the network and remotely from CSO. They are the generalists responsible for supporting the stores in all field operations initiatives and standards and foster a culture where customer service and profitability are the focus of business activities by working with various employees in the store and at head office to complete tasks.
- Work closely with the Field Operations or Merchandising Managers to ensure that all stores are using company guidelines for managing the functions for the stores. Travel to stores as needed.
- Provide hands on coaching and implement SOP’s as assigned in the field.
- Monitoring and report on Operational/Merchandising performance tools.
- Responsible for collecting and providing feedback between the field and support teams.
- Assist costs management in as efficient manner as possible and provide insight into cost out initiatives within their teams’ scope of accountability.
- Working with the store management to help create a safe working environment by making safety suggestions. Reporting any accidents, incidents, near misses, injuries and/or occupational health concerns immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership and administrative experience in a retail environment.
- Travel requirements minimum 50% of the time and up to 75% of the time.
- Certificate/Diploma in Business Administration an asset.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with point of sale systems and spreadsheets are necessary.
- Able to work effectively with employees at the store and at head office.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and organizational skills. Strong aptitude in Math.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR18-191 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-191, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.