UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Assistant Store Manager, the Customer Sales and Service Representative 3 is responsible for serving and assisting customers in the selection and purchase of goods and services and/or fuel and fuel products to meet their needs. Position may be based in UFA store / yard locations or agency sites for majority of shifts, but cross-training within each business area is required. The Representative provides service in accordance with UFA’s Customer Service Policy and initiates and/or implements corrective action as required to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Maximize sales and customer support through best-in-class customer service. Provide prompt service and assistance to UFA’s customers in a friendly and courteous manner either in person or over the phone. Responsible for CRM (Customer Relationship Management) with regular UFA customers.
- Ensure that sales leads are either executed to outstanding customer service standards or are transferred to an outbound sales representative for completion. Ensure accuracy and efficiency with sales and receipts, and in balancing cash as directed. Prepare billings for customers and process payments.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert by providing guidance and assistance to other employees on product knowledge, customer service best practices and UFA policies and procedures. Assists junior Customer Sales and Service Representatives with minor customer service issues.
- Key holder responsibilities, over sight of opening and closing functions of the farm store or agency site.
- Responsible for supporting the reporting Manager or Supervisor with all functions related to store/site operations. Will be delegated supervision authority in the absence of the Manager/Supervisor.
- Assist with the accurate and timely shipping and receiving of products. In Petroleum Operations, responsibilities also include complete fuel inventory management activities such as daily fuel reconciliations, fuel variance investigation, weekly physical tank dips, and dispenser meter head comparisons.
- Perform maintenance on inventory or cycle counts including trouble shooting/problem solving, as directed.
- Ensure store, yard, site, warehouses, and exterior locations are clean, neat, well organized, and in compliance with UFA’s safety and operational standards. In Agribusiness, responsible for “Own the Aisle” area of assigned responsibility in store to ensure UFA merchandising and inventory standards are consistently maintained or equivalent assigned area of responsibility in UFA yard. May work in either store or yard depending upon business needs during the scheduled shift.
- Other responsibilities may include: Administrative duties such as scheduling staff, scheduling deliveries, monitoring paperwork for correctness, maintaining files, coding invoices, and creating tracking spreadsheets; Assist with special projects, such as other support for other Farm Stores/sites, Farm Shows, Trade Fairs, etc.
- Grade 12 Diploma with 5+ years of related experience in a customer focused environment.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge in Agribusiness or Petroleum products and supplies.
- Cash handling, computer proficiency and previous customer service experience required.
- Agriculture/AgriBusiness or petroleum background, interest, and aptitude are required along with expert level knowledge of agricultural or petroleum products.
- Proven leadership with peer-to-peer coaching and mentoring abilities.
- Strong salesmanship skills with an extensive customer focused background required.
- Self-motivated with a continuous learning approach about the business of UFA.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Warehouse or yard and forklift experience is an asset. Will be required to obtain forklift operator training to work in yard environment.
- Capable of taking on occasional responsibilities beyond the current scope of the position.
- Capable of physical labour; capable of lifting up to 25 kg.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly. Experience with SAP and/or other enterprise management systems are desired.
- Pesticide Dispenser and AMS Certification preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must remain current with any and all required certifications, including WHMIS and TDG.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-194, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.