UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Director Retail Operations, the Area Manager oversees the retail farm and ranch stores in UFA’s agribusiness operations in the central Alberta region. The successful candidate will be based out of Calgary and be able lead and execute strategies to successfully meet or exceed regional financial and P&L objectives, lead operational excellence, exceed safety standards and delivering outstanding customer service to customers and members across the central Alberta region.
- 10+ years of operational experience in progressive roles in customer service.
- 7+ years prior multi-unit management experience and proven leadership skills leading high performance teams, ideally across a geographically disbursed area.
- Post-secondary education preferably in agriculture or business.
- Agriculture or AgriBusiness background, interest, and aptitude is an asset.
- Track record of using accountability and performance metrics to drive the right behaviour and business outcomes.
- Experience with inventory management practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both on a one-on-one basis as well as in front of larger audiences.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite and SAP.
- Travel is required.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job #HR18-091 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-091, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.