UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards, the Pension and Benefits Analyst is responsible for implementing and administering employee benefits, integrated disability management, and pension programs. Individuals in this role will take primary responsibility for one or more areas but will be cross trained and provide coverage in all.
- Responsible for managing company’s benefit programs, including participation in program design and review; administer and responds to member inquiries; oversee annual re-enrollment and day to day member changes; monitor participation; prepare monthly and yearly billing and reconciliation; coordinate annual contract renewals and design, deliver member education and communication of programs, etc.
- Responsible for daily operations on both DB and DC plans. Responding to pension enquiries; advising retiring employees of pension options and process retirement documentation; monitoring and providing service on terminations, retirements, and DC remittances; responsible for pension related filings. Also responsible for pension related education and communications, annual statement distribution; report to pension committee regarding plan performance.
- Responsible for coordination of annual Wellness initiatives.
- University degree with designation in Human Resources or Benefits.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in pension and/or benefits, previous DB pension experience preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical, research, problem solving and HRIS skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the understanding for the need for confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a varied client base.
- Ability to think creatively, set priorities, work under tight deadlines and evolving priorities.
- Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR18-158 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-158, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.