UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Affairs, the Community Investment (CI) Manager oversees the CI program that is at the heart of UFA’s brand and relationship with members, customers and communities where UFA operates. This position fosters relationship growth and is instrumental in driving member connection and awareness of UFA’s CI efforts in the co-operative and our rural communities all while ensuring investments align with strategy and business objectives.
- Manage CI portfolio and budget; ensuring investments align with strategy and business objectives.
- Plan, develop and execute a community investment business strategy that represents UFA’s brand and strengthens the support with our members, customers, business partners, divisions within UFA and communities where UFA operates.
- Establish evaluation criteria, format and structure for measuring and reporting on the return on investment of community programs and initiatives using Sponsorium.
- Lead, manage, report and support the United Farmers Historical Society (UFHS) in setting the direction and delivering results. Manage all staff working for UFHS.
- Promote UFA’s brand, integrity and co-operative values by attending events on behalf of UFA and representing UFA on community boards and/or committees as required.
- Collaborate with appropriate UFA teams (Petroleum, Agribusiness, Communications, Digital Strategy and Creative) to ensure community investments are fully leveraged through media relations, marketing and sales opportunities, networking and social media.
- Provide support, training and mentorship to CI Coordinator.
- Manage UFA’s branded promotional product offering.
- Degree or diploma in Public Relations, Business, Marketing or Communications with 10-12 years of relevant experience – Co-operative, Agriculture and governance experience an asset.
- Superb leadership and interpersonal skills. Proven relationship builder.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable and effective at public speaking.
- General knowledge of budgeting, tracking, reporting and accounting practices.
- Experience in event planning and project management.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, results- and team-oriented.
- Conflict resolution skills, open-minded and flexible.
- Exceptional ability to embrace and drive change in an organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint is essential.
- Experience with SAP software programs and Sponsorium is an asset.
- Knowledge of UFA’s customers, members and markets.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job HR18-169 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-169, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.