UFA Co-operative Limited is an Alberta-based agricultural co-operative with more than 120,000 member-owners.
Founded in 1909, UFA's network comprises more than 111 bulk fuel and Petroleum Cardlock locations, 35 Farm & Ranch Supply stores and a support office located in Calgary. Independent Petroleum agents and more than 950 employees provide products, services and agricultural solutions to farmers, ranchers, members, consumers and commercial customers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Accounting, the Intermediate Accountant - Corporate prepares compiles and communicates schedules, margin analysis and expense reports for various stakeholders as well as the preparation of several other corporate related supporting activities. The Intermediate Accountant communicates effectively and provides support to members of the finance department during the monthly reporting process, while seeking improvement opportunities of daily tasks.
- Prepare on periodic basis accruals, adjustments, recurring JE’s. Review, adjust and upload JE’s, data and trial balances for month end process. Complete GST tax returns.
- Compile information for subsidiaries - monthly financial reporting/ statements, reporting packages, margin analysis reports and operating statements.
- Conduct detailed monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for specified UFA GL accounts; accrued liabilities, A/P misc. clearing, corporate accounting accruals, prepaid and other month end adjustments.
- Review clearing accounts; co-ordination with other departments is required for resolution.
- Prepare year end working papers for external audit and income tax as directed.
- Contribute to the assembly of weekly sales report, providing coverage for distribution.
- Compilation of UFA’s monthly GL reconciled accounts; ensure completion.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in Business or Accounting.
- 3 years of relevant accounting experience in medium to large organizations.
- Basic understanding of business processes for improving work procedures.
- Previous working experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP or Dynamics.
- Progressive working knowledge of MS-Office and related PC skills.
- Able to adapt to a changing environment and work under tight deadlines.
- An understanding and commitment to value and strength of teamwork.
External Applications: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job HR18-195 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your resumes and Complete Form – Application For In-House Position, quote job HR18-195, and forward to “WORK”.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.